So I told you there’d be a list. These are basically my interests in a nutshell.
- Art: I put most of the next items under art, it’s an umbrella term for me.
- Music: Favorite genres include (mostly) anything from Classical to Heavy Metal. Favorite all-time band is AC/DC. I’m also a drummer.
- Movies: Movies are fun, my minor is Film Studies so that’s a win for me. Least favorite genres are Romance, Comedy, or any combination of the two, and Sports (with few exceptions).
- Books: I’ve always been a reader, from novels to comics. I can’t narrow those genres down because my bookshelf is going to explode soon.
- Video Games: I game a bit. Puzzle games, console and PC, Overwatch is my current favorite.
- Anime: I go to conventions in my area. Buy merchandise, collect figures, art books, DVDs/Blu-rays, odds & ends in between. Favorite era is the 90s. Cowboy Bebop, Neon Genesis Evangelion, Ghost in the Shell.
- Science: I’ve been an avid follower of space science specifically. Followed the various Mars rover missions since second grade. But, science is interesting as a whole.
- Politics: Now, I hate politics, but in this country, you can’t ignore it can you? So I’m forced to be aware of certain things.
- Social Issues: Yeah I know it’s touchy, I’ll make it known now, I support LGBTQA+, civil rights/African-American issues, Feminism/Women’s Rights–yes, that includes abortion. I think I hit the big ones there right? If you have a problem with that little declaration, you can leave now. Don’t let the door hit you on the way out.
- Nature/Environmental Issues: Look, I’m not perfect, I’m not about to go vegan, but I try to be conscious where I can. My family hates me because I insist on recycling anything that can be recycled.
- History: That’s important right? Hell, I’m nostalgic for things that existed before I was born. Make of that what you will.
- Sports (mildly): I almost hesitate to even include this. I sometimes attend college hockey games and have followed NASCAR and dirt track racing in my area.
- Philosophy: It makes me insane, but I’ll be damned if I don’t try to understand it.
- Photography: Forgot to put this one up further on the list. I think I’m a decent photographer. By no means a pro, but it’s fun.
Well, I think that about covers the major things. If you have any questions, you know where the comments section is. If you’re asleep on your keyboard and wake up reading this last paragraph, you probably have ghbjkl;’ stamped into your forehead. Sorry about that.